It’s the special day you’ve been dreaming of, your wedding day! You know pretty soon you will be wrapping up the night and saying your good byes, and you’ll be off to start your new life with your special honey.
Make sure your honeymoon is everything you’ve dreamed. From extravagant honeymoons to minimoons, we know these tips will keep your vaca fresh and exciting!
- Tell people you’re on your honeymoon – It was just your wedding love is in the air, people are willing and ready to make your honeymoon special. Don’t pull a Monica and Chandler, “We need the stuff” but, a few extra perks might come your way.
- Plan a surprise for your spouse – For many couples this will be their first vacation together. Be romantic, plan something that you know they would enjoy.
- Put your cell phone down – Savor the moment with your honey. Leave the social media behind! You’ll have a better time, PROMISE! No need to fear, take a disposable camera to get all those special moments. Use those picture frames you got as wedding gifts to display all your shots.
- Don’t work – Enjoy your stay, it’s a vacation not a workcation. Leave your work duties for when you go back to the office.
- Plan a few activities – You don’t want your whole day to be full without a minute to break, but you want to be sure you get to see all the sites your both interested in.
- Be flexible – Just because they planned something you aren’t exactly thrilled about, go into it with an open mind. Just know it makes your partner happy.
- Journal – One of my favorite things to do on vacations is to journal. I write about what I did, ate, experienced, smelled, and felt. It’s really a really great keepsake that lets you relive your trip for years to come.
- Pack before hand – You don’t want to have to go back home and sort everything out. Its better to have it done early, then designate someone in your bridal party to be responsible for your bags.
- Don’t have expectations – Don’t try to compare this trip with any others you have taken in the past. Especially if you have already visited this destination or traveled together before. You’ve never experienced it as a newlywed!
The Wedding Guide